- Users - The Question We Get Most Often Is “Who Can Use SurveySaurus?”The simple answer is anyone who needs to take a poll, gather feedback, check a reference, or assess your employees. SurveySaurus is scalable from the individual to the Fortune 500 companies.
- Responses - What if there is no response from survey takers, raters or references? One of the great benefits to SurveySaurus is that we allow you to invite as many survey takers and as you need! So you can add more survey takers and you can easily send reminders to those already in progress.
- Private Label - What if I want to use SurveySaurus as my company’s internal survey tool? You can! We will be happy to tailor a private label system for you for a one-time, flat rate fee of $2,500. It will have your brand on everything from the platform to the survey result reports.
- Customizations - What if I want to change something about the platform?Absolutely! Many SurveySaurus customers need something unique and specific to their company or industry. Chances are, if you can think of it, we can build it.
- Multiple Languages - What if I want to add multiple languages?Since you can create as many surveys as you wish, you can upload as many translations as you choose. We are happy to work with you to support specific needs concerning language translation. If the language needs require a change to the platform, just contact us and let us know your requests. We will respond promptly.
- Sharing Results for Online Reference Checks, ROI Assessments and 360-degree surveys: – Once I Have The Results Can I Share The Responses? It is entirely up to you, just be sure that you comply with your company’s Human Resource Policies if you work for an organization. If you do choose to share the results of any of these surveys with the individual or company on whom you are getting feedback, please remember to only share the collective responses and not individual responses. This will protect the privacy of each individual who responded and ensure that you comply with the SurveySaurus User Agreement.
- We are looking to integrate reference checking into our ATS system. Do you have an API we can use?No, Surveysaurus does not have an API. This is something that we will add in the future. We will also be happy to customize the system for your organization to include an API or any other customizations that you need to work with your systems.
Reference Check Questions
- Who Can Use the SurveySaurus?The simple answer is anyone who needs to check a reference. For example:
- Individuals – Check references on contractors about to work on your home. Roofers, attorneys, housekeepers, babysitters, mechanics, etc.
- Small Businesses – Check references for employees, vendors, accountants, attorneys, bookkeepers.
- Corporations – Check references for potential new hires, internal promotions, external vendors, suppliers, security, etc.
- Recruiting Firms – Check references for the individuals they are trying to place.
- Consulting Firms – Check references on potential employees and contract consultants.
- Schools and Universities – Check references for potential students, teachers, employees and administrators.
- Dance and Athletic Studios – Check references for trainers and coaches.
- Apartment Managers and Building Owners – Check references for potential tenants, maintenance workers, repairmen.
- Car Dealerships – Check credit references for potential customers, mechanics.
- Churches and Non Profits – Check references on nursery workers, maintenance people, security.
- And More – I’m sure we can all think of a few more, maybe potential dates?
- What If The Reference Doesn't Respond?One of the great benefits to SurveySaurus is that we allow you to check as many as 50 References! Most reference checks are usually done by checking only 5 references – mainly because of the time and effort involved in getting good responses. No one has the time to personally check more than 5 references normally.SurveySaurus relies on the respondent to complete the online or telephone survey information promptly and completely. However there is really no possible what for anyone or any system to control when, or even if the respondent completes the reference check. And the number and timeliness of the responses you receive can affect your decision process.With SurveySaurus we provide the option to send out up to 50 References so if you are not receiving a timely response from a respondent, you simply send out another Reference Check – up to 50!That should ensure you have the information you need in the time you need the responses to enable you to make an informed decision as long as the reference check is just one part of a process for making the decision.For example when checking references on a potential employee, the process may include:
- One or More Interviews
- Employment Verification
- Resume Review
- Skills Analysis
- Position-appropriate Assessments
- Criminal Background Check
- Can The Surveys Be Available In Multiple Languages?Absolutely! Since you can create as many surveys as you wish, you can upload as many translations as you choose. We are happy to work with you to support specific needs concerning language translation. Contact Us and let us know your requests and we’ll respond promptly.
- Sharing Results - Once I Have The Responses To An SurveySaurus Survey, Do I Share The Responses?It is entirely up to you, just be sure that you comply with your company’s Human Resource Policies if you work for an organization. If you do choose to share the results of this survey with the individual or company on whom you are checking references, please remember to only share the collective responses and not individual responses. This will protect the privacy of each individual who responded and ensure that you comply with the SurveySaurus User Agreement.
- Next Steps - Once I Have A Satisfactory Reference Check, What More Do I Need To Do Before Proceeding With The Individual Or Business?References are only one piece of the puzzle when choosing a person or company to hire, house, finance or otherwise engage. Other suggestions include interviews, resumes, and possibly a criminal background check.
ROI Assessment Questions
360-Degree Survey Questions
- What are the steps for creating a 360-degree survey?
- Sign in and change sites so that you are on the 360-degree survey platform:
- Choose Create New Survey
- You will be on the page where you can either use the pre-loaded competencies, edit them, or click the “Clear All” button and start from scratch:
- For each competency you have a
c. Behaviors to be Measured
d. Development Opportunities
e. Build on Strengths
- All can be edited. The last 3 are what print out on the report as customized development. For example, the top 3 development opportunities will show up on the report. You can customize the report so that if they need to work on communication, you can suggest that they take your company’s specific class on communication. (please see sample report, page 25 for strengths and page 27 for development opportunities). Resources are books, websites, etc. that you want to refer the individual to for each competency area.
- Once complete, go to the bottom of the page and click “Save”
- It will take you to the Likert Scale page. Here you can change the answer options if desired. For example, instead of Ineffective to Most Effective, you could have Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree. Once you have it like you want it, click ‘Continue’.
- The next page is where the actual 360 questions are. You can edit any part of this. You can change the title, add questions, move questions in a different order and delete questions. One note, is that each question must be associated with a Competency. You can change which competency it relates to but it must be assigned.
- The ‘Targeted Group?’ on the left is for when you want to ask a set of questions to only one rater group. For example, if I’m doing a CEO 360, I will have questions that are only for the Board of Directors. That is the target group.
- If you have a large number of 360s to do at once, you can use Mass Create. We can demo this for you when you are ready. What it does is allow you to set up a 360 and then send out instructions to all of those who will be going through the 360. They will then add their own raters. The administrator is able to set due dates and template emails.
- When you have it like you want it, click on Update Template. You new custom 360 will be saved into your pre-built templates and you can use it over and over again. You can also go back and edit it.
- Next you will be on the page that says “Describe 360 Survey” at the top. Here you will give it a name and a due date.
a. The Leader is the person for whom you are conducting a 360.
b. You can edit the letter that goes out to the leader if desired.
c. The 360 Rater groups are the people who will complete the 360. You can add what you want here. For example, you may have Supervisor, Peers, Direct Reports, Indirect Reports, Customers, etc. If you created a target group for specific questions, you will identify here which one is the target group.
- You can also edit the letter that goes out to the rater group. You can save the edited letter and use it again later.
- Once complete, you can send out your survey.
- Sign in and change sites so that you are on the 360-degree survey platform: